Sunday, July 31, 2011

Powerful moments.

Today after the sermon, during the response time, I witness an extremely precious and powerful moment that was literally almost bringing me to tears.

Pastor Brian had just finished his second part in his current series about the Holy Spirit, which is so amazing. I'll have to post my notes so far on it at some point because I know I'm learning a lot through it, and hopefully I can share what I've learned and maybe teach others something as well. Anyways...so it was during the response time when people are invited to come up to the stairs at the front and pray if they need to and the following scenario was played out....

A few weeks ago a member of our college group lost his father, and obviously is going through some rough times right now, as is his whole family. He went up to the front and knelt down at the altar to pray. Then seconds later two of his great friends (also great men in our college ministry) knelt down beside him, laid hands on him, and they all prayed together. It was SUCH a precious, yet crazy powerful moment. Through everything going on in all 3 of their lives...it all stopped right there. The world just froze, and they were all united there through prayer.

I don't really know how to adequately describe the feeling I got from watching that. But y'all, prayer is powerful. God is powerful. He can come through ANY situation, anything going on in life, get 3 young guys in different situations and bring them together in an incredible moment of prayer and fellowship with Him.

It was a moment I won't soon forget. And I think sometimes we so often (we meaning me included FOR SURE) get so caught up in the day-to-day business and that prayer is a part of it and it just becomes too common. We forget that we are talking to GOD! We get to talk directly to the Creator of the entire universe!!! It is such a powerful thing and is life changing, and that is something we should never take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment