Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Update!

Hello lovely readers!

It's been a while since I've had a health update, which is a bit ironic since it's the reason I've started this blog. But in a way, I love that it has become something so different than what I originally thought!

Anywhos. School has started up again and I have begun my last semester!!! It is surreal on twenty different levels, and super hard to believe I'm about to graduate! Still awaiting news on grad school....

And I have begun this last semester like a true slacker. I missed all my classes today for my neurologist appointment, which is bittersweet. Getting this appointment (which I made months ago) was a true blessing, and I'd rather miss the first day than a day close to finals when it's crucial I need to be in class, but I really like the first day! Getting to hear about the courses, the expectations for the semester, sometimes meeting new professors, is all part of the "first day" experience and I missed out on it! HOWEVER...the news I received at the doctor far outweighs my disappointment of missing the first day...

So the neurologist I went to see was new. He was recommended to me by my regular neurologist (who is pediatric, this one being an adult) to hopefully offer a fresh perspective, and to have someone I can fall back on when I go through random episodes and flares up. He recommended that I have a sleep study done, which now upon thinking about it, not sure why we haven't asked about that sooner. I hardly ever sleep, and am completely exhausted all the time which really just makes everything worse. So hopefully that will get scheduled soon, and they maybe find something!! I'm also taking a new type of medicine (yet again) to see if it helps with pain management. Here's praying it works.

BUT! The BIG news is that he said I am strong, doing well, and at this point am kind of static in progression. Which means there isn't much data at the moment showing him that I'm getting worse!!!! SUCHHHHH a blessing and a weight off to know I'm not progressing as much as we thought.

All in all, it was a fun little day trip for mom and I, and I am really excited about working with this doctor in the future and seeing what God has in store for me.

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news Jordan! I am so happy to hear about your status quo status, and that you may finally find out why you haven't been sleeping. No sleep sounds rough, I don't know how you function!

    ReplyDelete