Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Dreams.

Some of you know that next week I am going to the Mayo Clinic. I'm getting the chance to see doctors that are experts in my disorder, dysautonomia. Can you believe it, a doctor that has actually heard of my disease?! I'm a ball full of emotions as it comes closer and closer, and I can't help but find the best way to explain it as a scene from Tangled. (Don't judge, it's a legit movie).

Remember this scene?


I've been waiting for 23 years for an answer to my medical condition, and I finally have it...and now I"m about to (theoretically) get answers on how to manage my life so I'm not miserable all the time. So what if this isn't everything I've dreamed it would be? What if I get there and just like every other doctor I've had they tell me they can't help me and don't understand why this is happening or how to help me?

But what if it is everything I dreamed it would be? What if they can take away my pain and exhaustion? What if they understand exactly what's going on and can make my life so much better? That's what I'm hoping for. It was such a God thing that we even got in, and got in this quickly. There has to be a reason for that. God has a plan for me, and while it's scary right now...I'm choosing to trust Him. He's never let me down before. 

And if I do suddenly feel better than I have ever before? Well then I get to go find a new dream. And that's the best part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment