Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Process.

Okay, so confession time. I have been a complete slacker when it comes to my Bible study. If you've read my blog from the beginning you know I had started a new study called Forged in the Fire, and was keeping an update of it every week. I don't remember how or why I stopped, and then my surgery happened so I just got out of the habit. But I am doing my best to get back in the habit.

I'm still learning about David and all the preparation he went through before he was raised to the throne. So far this week it's been focused on David having to run from Saul and having to find refuge in the wilderness as he literally run for his life at times. I think this is a lot of the times what no one focuses on, and some of the passages I can say I've never read before. Everyone focuses on him being a king and all the good things he did there, which is great and important, but the preparation is so crucial!
This week Principle Three was presented:

God's loving tests continue until we come to a place of utter dependence on Him. We learn to look to Him and behave in ways consistent with God's character, regardless of whatever injustice, trial, or opportunity for temporary personal gain comes our way.


I am finding this true more and more each day. The past couple days I just haven't felt very well and my entire body just hurts. And for me currently, a physical test is forcing me to be utterly dependent on Him. THis applies for any trial in life, physical or not. It's a way to bring you closer to Him.

I'm definitely in a frustrated phase right now, and tired of pain and ready for this to all be over. I know one day all this will be behind me, I do. I know that I won't be in pain forever and that this is just a process. But right now, to be honest, it's really sucking. But like David, the preparation is crucial. God has some crazy awesome plan for me, and this is the refining process I have to go through to be ready and be all that I can be for His greater glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment