Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Workin' girl!

I got my first job!!! I am BEYOND ecstatic! It's a sales associate at GNC (General Nutrition Centers) and it seriously is nothing but a God thing. I wasn't looking for a job (but have wanted one forever) and it just sort of fell into my lap.

My mom and I walked in there I guess a week and a half ago to get some alfalfa tablets for my mom (awesome stuff btw). I was just messing around when the guy was telling us all the nutritional stuff about the things we asked about and I said 'I should totally work here!" And the guy was like actually, we're looking for someone and he gave me an application. I turned it in the next day with my resume (which btw, is really hard to make when you have zero job experience)...and got called in for an interview! I had a ton of personal references to make up for my lack of business experience and references, and it was between me and this other guy.

I was SO nervous and I wanted this job so badly, but I wasn't going to worry about it. Right after I got the application I just continued to pray that if this was something God has for me that it would happen, and if I wasn't supposed to do this then it just wouldn't happen. I really didn't think I would get it because the interviewer kept telling my references that she was worried about the time commitment with my sorority and how that might interfere with me being about to work. But anyways I was genuinely at peace about it (although still having the natural amount of anxiety waiting to hear!) and yesterday I got the call saying I got it!

I start training tomorrow!! This is such a God job. It came at a time when I REALLY need a victory in my life. I'll be working with other nutrition majors, and everything I learn I can use in my future job and really apply it not only to my career but to my personal life as well. Everything is just piecing together, like it's ordained from above which I know it is.

So after tomorrow I will definitely write about my first day...but I'm so excited!! God is watching out for me....and if I trust Him, good things will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment