Wednesday, October 6, 2010

KXA

Nothing too exciting has been happening, but next weekend after my trip to NY I will have PLENTY to blog about I'm sure!! I am SO excited!!!

I can't remember if I've talked about this explicitly, or just implied it in previous posts, but I'm in KXA, a Christian sorority. Last night we had our monthly Dress & Pin meeting which is just a fancy way of saying that we all dress up that day, and have a mini worship service before our normal meeting. I absolutely love those times with all my sisters...there's just something so amazing about worshipping with people you see on campus all the time.

We had a few alumni come back and talk to us about how KXA affected their time at Baylor in retrospect, and it really made me realize even more how incredibly blessed I am to be in this sisterhood. Never again am I going to get this opportunity. To be in such close sisterhood with all these incredible women who have the same beliefs I do.

Thinking back, besides the fall of my freshman year, I don't have a member at Baylor that doesn't include KXA. I wouldn't have some of my closest friends or my roommate without KXA...and I wouldn't have grown as much spiritually as I have without them either. It's no surprise that the past year has been one of the hardest, if not THE hardest, in my life...and without them I could not have gotten through it. They have been SUCH an encouragement to me and never cease to make me smile. They are always there for me when I need to vent, or laugh, or cry...or just a study buddy to make the grossness of homework go by faster.

These girls have challenged me in my faith, encouraged me when I was down, and celebrating my victories with me as if they were their own. That's not something you find everyday! I am constantly surrounded by Godly women who I will have in my life forever.

I love every single of one those girls so much, and would be lost without them. Being in KXA is one of the best decisions I have ever made...and I really hope that you have some sort of fellowship like this. Because it's indescribably amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment