Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love language.

Everyone has a love language - a way they both express love to others, and feel love from others. Some (like me) have more than one. If you don't know what yours is, a really quick and easy way to find out is taking this quiz. It's a website and quiz produced by the author of the 5 Love Languages book, and it takes like five minutes for the quiz, but well worth it. Understanding how to connect with other people through their love language can quite literally change your relationship with them entirely, making it so much closer than you can imagine!

All this to say....I have 2 very high scores...physical touch, and quality time. People who know me know that this is how I live my life in every aspect. I am an extremely huggy person, and I love spending time with those closest to me. When someone wants to spend time with me, or we graduate from just saying hi to saying hi with a hug, I feel amazing! All this to say...love languages shape each person in a particular way. It's how they want to be comforted in hard times, it's how they want to celebrate in the good times.

One particular friendship, a lifelong one, weighs heavy on my heart tonight. I wish so much that I could just get this person to understand what their actions are doing to everyone around them...yet all they see is themselves. It's incredibly frustrating, upsetting, unnerving, and about 500 other words. Yet through the anger and tears....I found myself praying for God to just hold me...pause...

Side story. You know how on Christian radio stations during commercial breaks they have audio of callers saying that they were going through X event, and they turned on the radio to hear a song that was absolutely perfect for the moment? That's never happened to me. In secret, I always wished it would. I mean what an incredible moment of a God-incidence (not to be confused with a coincidence). Like an audible way for God to speak to you. Well...tonight, I got that moment.

And no lie a few minutes after that prayer...this song came on. It's a brand new song from a brand new artist, a song that has probably on been on the radio a few times. I personally had never heard it. But it was so perfect and is everything I'm thinking right now. I'm tired of being angry. I'm tired of useless frustration that does nothing but makes it worse on my end. I just want to be held. How lucky am I, that I have a God whose arms are ALWAYS open, and ready for me to run into?

No comments:

Post a Comment