Saturday, April 17, 2010

May.

It was this very morning a year ago I woke up to a text from my mom telling me to call her. I knew right away what happened....during the night, my grandma had passed away. It's so hard to believe it's been a year already. I miss her so much.

I was supposed to be a 4th generation Aggie, and I killed that for my family lol. Other than May, I was the only Baylor bear....and now I am the only one. It's really hard not being able to tell her all about my studies here, and all my wonderful experiences here that only another bear would understand. I miss seeing her at family gatherings, and getting cards from her in the mail.

I can't imagine how Bill is feeling today...losing your wife after over 60 years together. I think throughout it all, he's been doing really well though. He comes to hang out with us a lot, but I know he gets lonely.

It was a rainy day like today too...almost perserving the mood of gloom on this day. And every year on this day is KXA semi formal. And it's a bittersweet day because I am ecstatic about this weekend and have a really good friend coming up to go with me...but then I feel guilty for having fun on this day when such a tragedy happened.

I know she's in a better place, and doesn't want me to be sad. So today I will have a good time in remembrance of the incredible woman my grandmother was. I love you the best, May.

2 comments:

  1. I love you the best, Jordan. Sic'em Bears.

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you Jordan. i know she is so so proud of you and all you're doing! and you know she'd have some snarky remark about all your BU and kxa shenanigans...

    praying for Bill

    give yourself a hug for me

    love, leah

    ReplyDelete