Sunday, April 11, 2010

Miracle.

When I hear the word "miracle" my mind automatically wanders back to the miracles Christ performed like feeding 5,000 with measly amounts of fish and bread, or healing someone from a lifelong disease. I feel like so many times we forget to recognize the every day miracles that surround us.

What exactly is a miracle?

Webster would describe it as:
1. any amazing or wonderful occurrence
2. a marvelous event manifesting a supernatural act of a divine agent

I've never really sat down and thought about a miracle, and the daily ones I experience. Being alive every second I am is a miracle...being able to go to the college I've dreamed of for years and being able to pursue my intended major are both miracles. And today, another one happened.

For about 7 years I have been praying for my friend...let's call him Will. When I was in 7th grade he sort of walked away from the church, and everything changed. And ever since then I have been praying that he would come back to the faith he's grown up with. And today, he agreed to go to church with me. I know this won't be a fast process, or mean he's going to come with me all the time now, but the fact that he wanted to come, and wanted to make new friends at church brought so much joy to my heart I bawled. I didn't realize I would get so emotional, but he is so close to my heart and this is such a break through.

God does answer prayers. Even if it takes 7 years for the ball to get rolling....He's always there.

Look for a miracle today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment