Sunday, May 30, 2010

No fun.

You know what infection are? Zero fun.

If you read my update note on facebook, you know last night I had to go to the ER because of my hip incision being infected. They numbed up the site and got a lot of the fluid out (A TON). It feels a little better today, but I'm still in a ton of pain. We have to clean it about 3 times a day and change the dressing, and it looks horrible. But I'm definitely not out of the woods yet, because I think it's starting to get worse actually.

I think Tuesday I'm going to see my doctor and he's going to take a look at it. (Of course he's out of town this weekend so he doesn't know any of this is going on). And worst case scenario if they aren't pleased with what's going on then there's a possibility of having surgery on Thursday to get in there and really clean it out. So we'll see what happens.

Really that's all that's going on with me. But infections are really serious, especially with my compromised immune system....so I'm praying this works. I'm taking an antibiotic and it's the size of a horse pill...it's HUGE! The pain is slightly less from last night, so that's good. But I still can't move at all without searing pain...so that's getting really frustrating.

***Disclaimer: If you don't like medical talk, or get queasy, skip this paragraph***
Tomorrow we have to take out the packing in my hip. There's basically like a shoestring in the incision he cut last night, and it needs to be changed. So yes, my incision is open which is a really strange feeling and doesn't make me feel that good either. That's going to be absolutely torturous to take out, and then my mom has to put new packing in it. UGH. Not looking forward to that.


Alrighty friends, talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment