Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hitting the Limit.

The infection saga continues...

I went to the doctor today and he says the antibiotics are working! Yay! The pain is noticeably less and I don't have a fever anymore so that's awesome. He wants to wait til Friday to get some blood work and have a few more days for the medicine to kick in to make the next move. If progress keeps on it's current track then we're just going to let the antibiotics do their thing and run it's course...but if the discharge doesn't lessen up or my fever returns or pain gets worse, then going in surgically to wash it out will become a more likely possibility. The waiting and such wouldn't be so bad except for having to change the packing stuff inside it twice a day. It's SOOO beyond painful, but soon it will be over.

I'm reaching my frustration limit, which doesn't happen much and is not a place I like to be. Today the nurses and my doctor and others have been saying over and over "This is just a little bump in the road" and yes, I know they mean well and are trying to be encouraging but it's not sometimes. I know it's a bump in the road. I'm so tired of bumps in the road. I'm tired of pain and things going wrong. I'm so ready for all this to be over so I can recover and get back to my non couch bound existence.

Alright, rant is over. There's your update and peek into my brain so there you go. I hope you're having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment