Sunday, August 22, 2010

Awe.

As I write this, I am just in awe of everything God is doing in my life. Today at church, He was so there are SO real. It started off really great anyway, because this semester our Sunday school class is going to go through Crazy Love by Frances Chan, a book I never got the chance to finish...and all of the Baylor students are back, and things are starting to feel more normal.

But today after the sermon, a few of the members did cardboard testimonies and it was just such a vulnerable, God-filled time. If you don't know what I'm talking about it, here's the actual video from church yesterday : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xJpBpz5zwE&feature=player_embedded. And I have always gotten goosebumps watching the videos, but seeing it in person....knowing some of the people who held up those boards....brought almost everyone (including me) to tears. God is SOOO powerful, and can conquer so much...but we have to be willing to be open, and broken.

For the past several months I've really been struggling with forgiveness. One person in particular. My heart has been SO inecredibly hard towards said person, and it's really been weighing heavily on me. I've been praying for my heart to be softened, and the past couple weeks the sermons have really just hit me hard with conviction....and I have been broken. I have taken a huge step toward forgiveness, but not there quite yet. I'm learning that bitterness and anger, and holding grudges not only can prohibit relationships, but it can also hinder your spiritual life. I am learning so much and am so open to what God has planned for me, not just with this relationship but with everything else in my life. And now that I am broken and vulnerable I can see so much more clear.

It was a great day. I'm so excited to start school tomorrow and just to see everything He has planned for me semester, because I know it's big. It's incredible. And I can't wait to live it out :)

1 comment:

  1. ok, so if this had a like button like facebook i'd be clicking the like button now, and leaving a comment, lol...but for real J, that truely is awesome

    ReplyDelete