Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MIRACLE!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!

I literally cannot stop smiling right now and am SO happy, and SOOOO excited!! I got this email from my mom, who got it from a friend who saw this article on the front page of the Houston Chronicle this morning.

Here's the cliff note version in case you don't want to read the article...but in case you do the article link is below.

There has been a break through with CMT! (The type of MD I have) And they have found the mutation that causes about 70% of CMT cases. Weirdly, it's not a mutation of a gene, but rather a repetitive one. Strange. Anyways, so now that they've found the exact gene they are doing drug clinical trials to treat it!!!! God is so good and we just needed technology to catch up with everything. The article doesn't say much about the clinical trials, but I'm about to google it to see if I can find more in depth info about it, and if I do I'll be sure to post it. In the mean time PLEASE, PLEASE pray that this drug works!!

www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6907223.html

2 comments: