Thursday, March 25, 2010

News!

Hello readers! (If there are any ha ha)

I went to the doctor yesterday, and for once in my life I got great news medically! He said he is really happy with the progress I've made so far with my therapy, and the new bone in my foot has almost completely healed! We have agreed to schedule the next surgery on May 11. This time I get to be admitted after my surgery for pain management which will be AWESOME. Having to do the last one as an outpatient procedure was pretty awful once I got home and had to deal with the pain myself.

Now comes the physical meaning of my blog name. In the next month I will be slowly weening myself from my walking boot, and into normal shoes. I started driving again yesterday! It was SO awesome, but kind of strange. I still have some work before I am completely comfortable driving, but it's okay. Walking on the other hand, is quite a different and much harder endeavor. I truly am having to learn how to walk again. This morning I was walking around my room and realized just how sensitive my foot really is when I nearly fell over in pain from stepping on a small stack of post it notes! Getting to be barefoot and wearing 2 shoes makes me really appreciate and miss my walking boot, which I never thought would happen! ha ha. I really do have a new foot for all intensive purposes. Look down at your foot right now, and that's what my right foot now looks like. It looks like, and is, a normal foot! I have an arch for the first time in my life, and it no longer falls on the side. It's really strange learning to walk like a normal person ha ha. I can't wait until my other side is done and I'll have a new pair of feet!

Your continued prayers for strength and perseverance during this time would be totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment