Tuesday, March 16, 2010

No Guarentee.

I am constantly being reminded that we aren't guarenteed another day on this Earth. You never know when your life is going to end. I recently saw Remember Me, the latest Robert Pattinson and Pierce Brosnan flick. While the movie was absolutely AWFUL and I don't recommend it at all, that was the moral of the movie.

I am Spirit Chair for Kappa Chi Alpha, and essentially I am the prayer warrior. People send me their prayer requests, and I keep them to myself or pass them on to membership so we can all join in prayer and support each other. I recieved a request yesterday and it breaks my heart.

Taylor Storch, a 13 year old girl, (a dear friend of a member's little sister) was killed tragically late Sunday night. She was a first time skiier and it was just a freak accident that left her with several serious injuries, and she just couldn't pull through. Death is just such a rough thing to deal with, especially when you're 14. If you all could please life up Taylor's friends and family I would really appreciate it, and I know they would too.

Even in death Taylor was selfless and is donating her organs. Other people will be able to live because of her death. God is going to do something incredible with this awful situation.

You never know when God is going to call you home, and for Taylor it was during her last run on her spring break vacation. We all say we know that no hour, minute, or even second is guarenteed, but do we really live that way? Are we glorifying God with every breath we take? I know I fail on that front all the time.

What are you living for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment