Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Attitude.

Hello all!



I have a video for my blog today...yay! I'm not sure how many of you know this man, but Matt Chandler is one person that I could never get tired of hearing. His messages hit you right in the heart, and when he speaks at conferences and camps I always felt like he was talking directly to me. He has taught me so many things, and has been such an example of a Godly person and someone to emulate. Again, not sure how updated any of you are on his life, but the past few months he has been battling brain cancer. Just about every week he makes a video blog updating everyone on his chemo and what the doctor is saying etc, and as of right now things are going pretty well. And of course, his spirits have never gone down during this process. But ever since I saw this vlog of his when he made it in December, it hasn't left my mind. Even in this tragic time in his life, he is still challenging people...and this video in particular is super challenging to me. So watch, and I hope it will challenge you too. The part I'm referring to doesn't start til about 1:15 in case you wanted to fast forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMerKVKssQU&feature=player_embedded

Man, that just hits me really hard. Here is someone who was just diagnosed with brain cancer, and has a very real chance of dying soon....and yet he is happy. He feels blessed even! That sounds ridiculous to most people, but yet I envy him. I envy his closeness with God and that he feels so blessed despite his circumstances. I hardly ever think of my disease as a blessing, and it's way less serious than Matt's. I mean it's hard to compare severity of diseases sometimes...but at least mine isn't terminal. So why should I complain? It's without a doubt that I would not have the relationship with God that I do if I was completely healthy. I have no choice but to depend on Him, because I have nothing else to depend on. I don't have myself to fall back on. My body fails me daily, and some days like today I wake up and every muscle in my body just aches. I'm just went through 2 major surgeries so I'll be able to walk for more years...but God always gets me through. And though having MD has brought me to a much closer walk with Christ and that is a blessing, I never say it like Matt does. I never am happy that I was chosen to have this or that now I get to be on the other side and glorify Him through suffering.

One day I really hope I can have that attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment