Saturday, June 19, 2010

The next phase.

YAY!!! It's finally happened, I got my cast off!!!

Since it's only been 5 weeks since surgery, for the next week I still have to act like I have a cast and have no weight on it. Thankfully he didn't put me in another cast for just a week. But after a week, I can start to put partial weight on it, and after about 2ish weeks I can begin to walk normally on it. It's going to be a painful process, I can already tell.

Tonight for about 30 minutes I took off my boot to take a shower and was barefoot. Even without moving my foot extraneously, after I put my boot back on I was in crazy intense pain...I'm not looking forward to the pain of putting weight on it. But hereinlies the more literal part of my blog title...I'm about to learn how to walk...again. It's going to be a long process, but in the end I am excited for the outcome.

Today I got out of the house for almost the whole day, which was such a blessing. I am getting crazy cabin fever and will take just about any chance to get out of the house. We went to a few places in search of a fabulous Father's day present, and totally scored. Then we voted on the run off senate election (If you haven't voted, go and do it now!!) Then we went to Target just to look around because I didn't want to go home yet haha. I got a realllly cute shower curtain for my new apartment, and got some leads on some art for my room. I am awful at decorating, but I really want some pictures or art in my room....ps if you have any ideas let me know! I tried to find pictures of the 2 I liked, but I can't find it on the website :( Anything bright in color would be awesome because that's what my bed spread is and basically everything I own haha...Bright green, blue, you know... :)

Anyways, that's the latest on me. I suppose I should try to sleep now. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment