Friday, June 25, 2010

It's arrived!

The day of walking has finally arrived! It has been a long six weeks, and I am so excited to move on to the next recovery phase! Right now, and probably for about the next two weeks, I can only put partial weight on it, and then I can put my full weight on it.

Now comes the very literal part of my blog name. It's going to be a long road of learning to walk, and then in a couple weeks learning to walk basically without assistance. I do get to pull a House and have a cane for a while, which is different from the first surgery. This leg is my long one, so the boot is heightening the difference, whereas with my other foot it made it really easy to walk because the length was almost the same. Starting today I also have to start my therapy, which is pretty painful...but quite necessary. I have to get used to moving my foot again.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just have to get there.

1 comment:

  1. And your light is bright, Jordan! Oh so bright! And the light that you offer to so many others by writing about your struggle and hope is so inspiring! You have always been and will always continue to be the brightest light in our family! LOVE LOVE LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete